Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Christmas - here's your present - a pattern


Here is an easy and straight forward pattern for a pair of bed socks. You knit them on size 5mm needles and use chunky yarn, so they knit up fast. If you don't have chunky yarn, like used in the downloadable pattern - available below for FREE, you can use a couple of strands of DK or Worsted Weight  to bring it to a heavier weight. 

The pair in the photo above were made from one strand of green Cascade - Quatro, a strand of blue Berroco Ultra Alpaca and one strand of dark blue Hand Maiden sock yarn. I ran out of the sock yarn near the toe, but it didn't matter. 

Download First Socks Now!

I am working on another pair.  In fact I started this pair earlier today. And while it am putting it down to make my tourtiere and do my last minute shopping [and doing a blog post] I am sure I will finish this pair tonight. 


For this pair I am using a strand of the green Cascade Quatro from before and a strand of kid mohair and silk. I am amazed at how lovely the fabric is. 

I hope you enjoy the pattern and better yet, I hope you make a pair for yourself and some loved ones. 

Happy Christmas all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment