Saturday, January 14, 2012

Love affair continues. . .


I continue to be smitten with the Feather and Fan lace pattern.  It's quick and easy.  In fact, I made this cowl in a little more than a day. During my morning bus ride, I cast on -- was able to knit through most of the day long meeting -- and was finishing up the picot edging this morning. 

I washed and blocked it.  It's 50% silk so half-way through the drying process, I popped it into the dryer with a few towels to soften it up.  I am so pleased with the result and am having a lot of fun with the skirt portion.  For this version, I did five increase rounds.  I had a lot of this yarn and wanted to see what a longer skirt would look like.  Would have gone a bit further execpt that would have made even more stitches for the never-ending picot bind-off.

Now off to spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment