Here they are -- and I never struggled with SSS (second-sock syndrome). They were fun and easy to knit. I like the way the yarn striped throughout. I couldn't have planned it better if I had wanted to.
The yarn is from the July 2011 Fibre Club -- called Indian Wedding. I not longer have the tag which describes the fibre content, but it's merino, silk and bamboo -- I think. It's amazingly soft, strong and has a terrific sheen. I blogged about them in earlier posts. That's was when I had finished spinning the yarn. And here's the post where I started the socks themselves. Here's the first one in progress:
And here they are finished:
I like everything about these socks. The only thing I'd do differently is I'd make them a bit longer. I had a enough yarn left over, that I could have added another 1 inch on the cuff. That's why I am learning how to make socks from the toe-up -- so I can be a better judge of how much yarn is left.