Sunday, January 30, 2011

Claudia Skirt Update: 72% complete

Its a stunningly sunny morning and the weather report promises full sunshine for the next few days.  Halleluiah! The rain and fog were so oppressive last week -- I don't care that I was 10 degrees celcius, all I wanted was some sun and view that went farther than 100 metres.

It was a good week knitting wise.  The Claudia Skirt is coming along nicely -- the eyelet pattern, while it looks complex, is easy to memorize and easy to read in your knitting.  This is good.  When it is easy to memorize and when you can tell from looking at your work what you need to do next, you can knit without balancing a pattern on your lap.  This makes it an excellent candidate for knitting on the bus and very crowded Skytrain. My morning commute is about an hour and ten minutes, and the evening commute is an hour and a half, I have a lot of time -- nearly 2 1/2 hours of knitting time.

Here's the lovely gal so far:


And here's a close-up of the eyelet pattern, it hasn't yet been blocked, but you can get the idea.



The eyelet lace starts about halfway down the thigh, so I have several more inches to go. On this round of knitting I increase 1 stitch in each of the repeats, there are 20 repeats in this pattern.  I love the way each repeat grows, accomodating the lace pattern and widening on the way down the leg. 

More to report on later on. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment