I did have these dreams, weeks ago, that over my Christmas holidays I would make yards and yards of yarn and card up pounds of interesting fibre blends. I've done nothing of the sort. Instead:
- I cleaned and then decorated the house.
- I baked three kinds of cookies, several breads and four Tourtiere.
- I shopped, worried and wrapped presents.
- I wrote cards and sent packages back east.
- I sang carols with my youngest daughter night after night.
- I put up outdoor Christmas lights.
- I listened to Gift of the Magi by O. Henry on the radio one night and was reminded of the beauty of giving and the true nature of love.
- I knit some last minute gifts for new folks at the table.
I spent the last week reorganizing my workspace. And now it's ready for me and I am ready for it.