Sunday, February 10, 2013

Progress report on the 100-mile skirt

It's coming along nicely. The yarn is lovely to work with and the pattern is mindless. So far it's just a wide rib stitch with gentle increases every 8cm. Right now it's 10 inches. It barely and yet completely covers my butt. But alas, I am not of the age where I am comfortable wearing or being seen wearing a mini-skirt, so I knit on. I have a bit left of the first ball and then onto the second.


I know I will have to spin up more of this yarn. My thinking is that with so much of the skirt already knit, I will be duly inspired to get right to it.

But it's coming along and I'm excited to be at this stage of the project. Hoping I'll be wearing at Fibreswest this year. Nothing like a deadline to get things in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment