Saturday, February 23, 2013

100-Mile skirt update III


I've been faithfully knitting along on my 100-mile skirt until yesterday, when between Scott Road and Gateway Skytrain station, I ran out of yarn.


I've done 6 pattern repeats and have just increased in the purl ditches. In my other knitted skirt, I ended up with 14 pattern repeats, and I imagine I want the same length. But that's all the knitting for now. I have to go back to the very beginning and comb some more of that nasty alpaca and do a whole bunch more spinning.  I figure I am slightly less than 2/3rds of the way through. But it does get wider as it gets longer, so I may actually need almost as much as I started with. Wow, that just knocked me back -- that took a long time to make.


Not that I mind the combing or the spinning. It's easy and mostly fun. It's just that I was really enjoying the knitting. I was at the stage of knitting the pattern where I had it memorized -- believe me it's not a difficult pattern, but I have it all in my head. If I take too long a break, I'll loose my rhythm with it. Which is why I am being boringly disciplined with myself and am spending the day combing the alpaca -- here's a close up of it. You can see all the vegetation and nasty bramples just waiting to stab me as I reach in for a lock.


To cheer myself up, I'll move my lovely bouquet (thanks Davy) into my newly tidied studio to keep me company.  Flowers, Bizet's Carmen on Radio 2 and maybe a wee glass of bubbly.


Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment