Thursday, February 6, 2014

Weft yarn for my first scarf


Here is the yarn I am going to use as the weft for my scarf. The colourway is London Town, it's from the Sweet Georgia Yarns fibre club. The fibre blend is called Panda - Merino 60%; Bamboo 30% and Nylon 10%. Lovely, soft, silky and with an excellent drape. And at 420 yards, there is plenty for a scarf.

I spun this up during the Spinzilla contest. It was the last full braid I completed. 



Singles ready for plying.


Newly plied yarn in a skein, ready for a bath.


Now I just have to finish dressing the loom, and then can get started on the weaving. I haven't made any additional progress on dressing it since my blog post about it. And tomorrow the knitting Olympics start, so not sure what kind of effort I'll have for weaving.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment