Thursday, January 30, 2014

A new addition to the studio

Here is a new addition to my studio - a handmade 4-harness loom. It's 32" wide. I don't know much about weaving, so I am at a loss for describing it.

I decided I wanted to learn how to weave because I want to try to use up all the hand spun I've been producing. And, I want to make those lovely soft cotton/linen tea towels that I see at our guild sale.

A fellow guild member was selling this loom. We ended up trading this loom (and a bunch of other stuff that goes with it) for the Thumbelina spinning wheel I refurbished. I don't have the space to be a wheel collector, so I was happy to do a direct trade.

Getting this loom has been a good thing. It motivated me to tidy up my studio and to organize things in a much more efficient way.



I don't even know where to start. . . well, yes I do. It involves inviting a certain special guild member over to my house for a cup of tea and a beginner lesson.

Let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have gotten this. One day I would love to try spinning and weaving.

    ReplyDelete