Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Plan for Saturday

My plan for today is to start preparing fibre kits for the spinning workshop I will [hopefully, if enough people sign up] teach at Fibres West in March.  Participants will each receive a fibre kit for the workshop.  I want to put interesting and fun things into the kit - like alpaca, mohair and silk.  I also want to put in some amazingly prepared combed nests of fibre so the drafting of the fibres will be the least of their worries.  Thanks to my friend Kim, I have plenty of locally sourced fibres to choose from.

So that's the plan for today.  Yesterday, on the way into the city for a meeting, I started a pair of half mitts.  The meeting was grand and the kind that you knit through -- lots of talking, listening, sharing ideas, giving feedback.  The tip home was extra long because I was meeting my husband at his workplace, so I got in even more knitting time.  I actually finished the mitt - ABT - all but thumb, before the end of the day.  Here it is.


While I was waiting for hubby to finish work, I zipped over to my LYS - 88 Stitches, in Walnut Grove.  I managed to find some yarn I needed, and another skein that I just wanted.  Additionally, I bought another pair of SoxStix by Lantern Moon.  I purchased a 2.5mm set last week and I have been dreaming about them since.  They are truly amazing.  Made from Rosewood, these DPNs are strong, with a perfect point, and smooth, smooth, smooth.  So I had to have the 3mm as that is my other favourite size to work with. 



You get five needles in the set -- the other one didn't make the photo shoot.  They are expensive, certainly not as expensive as Signature DPNs! But more than I usually pay for knitting needles.  I don't care.  They make me very happy, and they will be used a lot.

Off to my workshop to card and comb fibre for the kits.  The second mitt will have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment